CHINESE LANTERN COMPETITION
How creative is your child? Can they make a Chinese Lantern? If so, then we at The Exmouth Players are looking for children up to the age of 12 years to enter our Aladdin Chinese Lantern Competition by making just such a lantern which, if among those selected, may be hung and seen by many people in the foyer of The Blackmore Theatre, Exmouth, during the run of The Exmouth Players Classic Pantomime, ‘Aladdin’ written by Alan P Frayn, in December 2019.
The child chosen as the winner of this Competition will be announced soon after the Competition Closing Date and will win 2 Evening Only Tickets for our Panto on either the 7th or 10th to 14th December 2019 (which may be restricted to two evening performances we reserve and choose depending on availability).
COMPETITION CLOSING DATE & TIME: 30th NOVEMBER 2019 AT 12 NOON
COMPETITION INFORMATION & RULES:
- Only children aged between 1 and 12 years may enter this competition with the permission of their parent(s) or guardian(s).
- No child who is a member of the cast in The Exmouth Players Panto, ‘Aladdin’, may enter the competition. This does not apply to any brother or sister or other similar relative of such a cast member who is/are free to enter this Competition.
- A guide on how to make such a Lantern accompanies this notice – please click on the image below.
- To enter this Competition, please click on the image below and print the same. The form will need to be completed by the child’s parent or guardian only who will need to sign and return the entry form to The Blackmore Theatre, 10 Bicton Street, Exmouth, EX8 2RU, along with your child’s homemade lantern with a tag bearing his/her name tied to the lantern, by 12 Noon on Saturday, 30th November 2019. Please see entry form for the dates and times during which these can be delivered to the Theatre.
- All Entries are to be delivered to The Blackmore Theatre with the child’s lanterns on the dates and between the times specified on the entry form. No Entries delivered outside the times specified will be accepted.
- Whilst we shall endeavour to hang your child’s lantern in the Theatre foyer, we cannot guarantee this will be the case. It really depends on how many entries and lanterns we receive against the space available, and the suitability and/or stability of the same for this purpose. We therefore reserve the right to select some of the lanterns to hang up in the foyer.