The Blackmore Theatre welcome Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society Ltd – Youth, who will be presenting A Double Bill of Contemporary One Act Plays on the 12th & 13th March commencing at 7.00pm:
1. ‘Through the Looking Glass’ Adapted by Lindsay Price from the original by Lewis Carroll
“You can be the White Queen’s Pawn, if you like. You’re in the Second Square to begin with: when you get to the Eighth Square you’ll be a Queen.”
Alice is back in Wonderland and things are more confusing than ever – Flowers talk, the White Queen cries before she pricks her finger, and there’s a life-sized chess game going on.
Alice wants to play, but mostly wants to be Queen. Will she make it to the eighth square?
Produced by special arrangement with Theatrefolk (www.theatrefolk.com).
2. ‘The Domino Effect’ by Fin Kennedy
‘The Domino Effect’ is a modern story exploring the consequences of one action and the various people who suffer resulting effects. It is an ensemble performance with the cast taking a variety of roles and uses humour (but not comedy!) throughout.
A silent girl finds her voice and her mother, when a mysterious East End antiques dealer teaches her how small actions lead to big effects, and how to master the law of unintended consequences.
An amateur production by arrangement with Nick Hern Books.
£6 – Under 16s
Please call 07785 586524 to book now.
TICKET SALES UPDATE AT 12.00pm ON 9th MARCH 2020: By this time there were only 8 seats left available for Friday evening’s performance. There is currently better availability for the Thursday evening performance. PLEASE DON’T DELAY – Book now by calling 07785 586524.
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this production are NOT on sale via the Blackmore Box Office number or at the Blackmore Theatre Box Office. Tickets may be on sale at the Theatre Box Office up to 45 minutes before each performance (subject to availability), but we would advise against leaving it to the day of each performance to book.
PLEASE REMEMBER BOTH PERFORMANCES COMMENCE AT 7.00PM.
The Limelight Bar at The Blackmore Theatre will be open 45 minutes before each each performance and again during the interval and at the end of the performances. Our advice is to pre-order your interval drinks before each performance.
Teas and coffee are also available before and during the interval of the performances.
The following request is for the benefit of those of you who have booked or will be booking tickets for either of these performances:
POLITE REQUEST: WITH TICKETS NOW SELLING FAST WE ANTICIPATE IT IS GOING TO BE BUSY FOR BOTH PERFORMANCES.
WE PARTICULARLY ASK YOU TO NOTE AND RESPECT THE FOLLOWING:
• IF ANY OF YOU HAVE TICKETS TO COLLECT, THEN PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARRIVE EARLY AT THE THEATRE TO COLLECT THEM.
THE THEATRE DOORS WILL BE OPEN ABOUT 45 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF EACH PERFORMANCE.
• PLEASE ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME IF YOU WISH TO PRE-ORDER YOUR INTERVAL DRINKS BEFORE THE START OF EACH PERFORMANCE.
• PLEASE ALSO ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO PARK. THERE IS STRICTLY NO PARKING AT THE FRONT AND SIDE OF THE THEATRE, INCLUDING THE REMAINING SECTION OF SOUTH STREET. PLEASE RESPECT OUR RESIDENT NEIGHBOURS WHO NEED ACCESS TO THEIR PROPERTIES AT ALL TIMES.
• THE NEAREST CAR PARK IS THE SHOPPERS CAR PARK AT MAGNOLIA SHOPPING CENTRE, WHICH IS WITHIN EASY WALKING DISTANCE.
• THE PERFORMANCES WILL START PROMPTLY. IF ANY OF YOU ARE LATE ON ARRIVAL AND THE PERFORMANCE HAS ALREADY BEGUN, YOU WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE AUDITORIUM WHEN THE STEWARDS MAY PERMIT YOU TO DO SO.
PLEASE ALSO SEE OUR THEATRE ETIQUETTE ABOVE.
WE SINCERELY HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THE PLAYS AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.