Exmouth Players is proud to host and present the 37th Exmouth Amateur Festival of One Act Plays as part of the All England Theatre Festival 2016. This time we are presenting a shortened week – Wednesday through to Saturday, which will include a matinee on the Saturday. Previously, we were the only regional hosts which ran a full week. However, this will not affect your enjoyment of what there is on offer. Each evening will see three One Act Plays with two on the matinee performed by groups who have entered this exciting preliminary round of the Western Division of the All England Theatre Festival. You are invited to not only attend but also to vote only if you buy a season ticket which will cover every performance. There are a number of awards available, including best male actor and female actor and so on. Some junior groups will also be taking part in this year’s Festival.
The Adjudicator for this regional preliminary round will be Mike Kaiser GoDA.
This annual Festival takes place from Wednesday 6th to Saturday 9th April (which includes a matinee performance on the Saturday). Evening performances commence at 7pm and the matinee performance commences at 2pm. There will be either short and/or long intervals between each presentation.
After the final play has been performed, there will be a short interval before the adjudicator, Mike Kaiser, delivers his remarks. On the Saturday evening, there will be a main interval following the adjudicator’s remarks. There will then take place The Awards Ceremony.
The running order is as follows:-
Wednesday 6th April
- Mezzalchemy presents “The Perils of Pauline” by Paul King (Youth Production)
- Teignmouth Players presents “Faking Genuine” by Austin Hawkins (Original Script)
- Sid Vale Community Productions present “Forking the Crows” by Christine Hardy (Original Script)
Thursday 7th April
- Mezzamorphose presents “Blackout” by Davey Anderson
- Broadclyst Theatre Group presents “Final Whistle” by Rachel Feeny-Williams (Original Script)
- Stage by Stage present “Chalk Circle” by Ian Trafford (Original Script)
Friday 8th April
- SADS Youth present “Flavio Disgrace” by David Griffiths (Youth Production)
- Stage By Stage present “Counting” by Ian Trafford (Original Script)
- Colyton Theatre Group presents “Sailors Beware” by R.F. Delderfield
Saturday 9th April Matinee
- SADS Juniors present “The Most Beautiful Flower” by Tony Best (Youth Production)
- Axminster Drama Club Youths present “Bully in the Graveyard” by Sarah Cowan (Youth Production)
- Exmouth Players Youths present “Fresh Start” by Joel Foxon (Original Script and Youth Production)
Saturday 9th April Evening
- Broadclyst Theatre Group presents “Intensive Care” by James Muirden (Original Script)
- Colyton Theatre Group presents “The Ladybirds” by Tony Layton
WARNING: Please note one or more of these Productions may contain some strong language or may otherwise be unsuitable for some members of the audience or under 12’s
This Preliminary Round is sponsored by The Devoncourt Hotel, Exmouth
Tickets for each performance are £8.00 and for under 17’s are £4.50 each.
Season Tickets (for all performances) are £30.00 and for under 17’s are £15.00 each.
Tickets will be available from Monday through to Saturday between 9.30am and 1.30pm at the Blackmore Theatre or call the Ticketline 07905 761485 from Monday, 28th March.