The Exmouth Players present “Beyond Reasonable Doubt”, a Courtroom Drama by Jeffrey Archer at The Blackmore Theatre, Bicton Street, Exmouth, on and at the following dates and times:
- Monday 24th to Friday 28th February 2020 at 7.30pm; and
- Saturday 29th February – Matinee Performance (only) at 2.30pm.
Jeffrey Archer wrote his first play, “Beyond Reasonable Doubt”, in 1987, following the General Election. It ran at the Queen’s Theatre in London’s West End for over 600 performances, with Frank Finlay and Wendy Craig in the lead roles.
Accused of the wilful murder of his terminally ill wife, Sir David Metcalfe QC (also Chairman of The Bar Council) conducts his own defence and finds himself locked in legal combat with his old rival, Sir Anthony Blair-Booth QC (prosecuting Counsel).
After a tense and gripping courtroom scene, Act I (set in the Central Criminal Court at The Old Bailey) ends just as the audience are about to hear the jury’s verdict. Act II (set in the living room of the home of Sir David and Lady Metcalfe in Wimbledon) takes us back in time over 4 scenes from 9 months before the trial up to the fateful night of Lady Metcalfe’s death, and then forward in time to a fifth scene which takes place two weeks after the trial.
|COURT USHER||NICOLA BRICE|
|CLERK OF THE COURT||MARTIN HURD|
|MRS JUSTICE TREDWELL||PAT PETERS|
|SIR ANTHONY BLAIR-BOOTH QC||MIKE KILLORAN|
|DETECTIVE CHIEF INSPECTOR TRAVERS||LEE HADDOW|
|SIR DAVID METCALFE QC||MARK WILKES|
|PRISON OFFICER||PAUL WINSTANLEY|
|MRS ROGERS||WENDY GROVES|
|DR WEEDEN||BRIAN LAWLESS|
|LIONEL HAMILTON||NICK LAWRENCE|
|MR ROBERT PIERSON||DAVE KILLORAN|
|LADY MILLICENT METCALFE||JOYCE POMEROY|
Adults – £10
Under 16’s – £6
Buy a group booking of 10 tickets and get one ticket free.
Coach parties welcome.
Tickets now on sale. Please call 07484 509514 to book now.
This amateur production of “Beyond Reasonable Doubt” is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH LTD a Concord Theatricals Company.
“A triumph.” – Daily Express, London
“A Smash hit.” – The People
“I loved it laughter, tears, and tension.” – TV AM
The Blackmore Theatre Seating Plan:
PLEASE NOTE: For the purposes of this production, some seats have been removed and, consequently, are not available for sale.
The Seating Plan is a guide only. It does not show any seats previously sold for any of the performances.
The Limelight Bar at The Blackmore Theatre will be open 45 minutes before each each performance and again during the interval and at the end of the performances. Our advice is to pre-order your interval drinks before each performance.
Teas and coffee are also available before and during the interval of the performances.
The following request is for the benefit of those of you who have booked or will be booking tickets for any of the performances for ‘Beyond Reasonable Doubt’:
POLITE REQUEST: WITH TICKETS NOW SELLING FAST WE ANTICIPATE IT IS GOING TO BE BUSY FOR MOST IF NOT ALL PERFORMANCES.
WE PARTICULARLY ASK YOU TO NOTE AND RESPECT THE FOLLOWING:
• IF ANY OF YOU HAVE TICKETS TO COLLECT, THEN PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARRIVE EARLY AT THE THEATRE TO COLLECT THEM.
THE THEATRE DOORS WILL BE OPEN ABOUT 45 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF EACH PERFORMANCE.
• PLEASE ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME IF YOU WISH TO PRE-ORDER YOUR INTERVAL DRINKS BEFORE THE START OF EACH PERFORMANCE.
• PLEASE ALSO ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO PARK. THERE IS STRICTLY NO PARKING AT THE FRONT AND SIDE OF THE THEATRE, INCLUDING THE REMAINING SECTION OF SOUTH STREET. PLEASE RESPECT OUR RESIDENT NEIGHBOURS WHO NEED ACCESS TO THEIR PROPERTIES AT ALL TIMES.
• THE NEAREST CAR PARK IS THE SHOPPERS CAR PARK AT MAGNOLIA SHOPPING CENTRE, WHICH IS WITHIN EASY WALKING DISTANCE.
• THE PERFORMANCES WILL START PROMPTLY. IF ANY OF YOU ARE LATE ON ARRIVAL AND THE PERFORMANCE HAS ALREADY BEGUN, YOU WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE AUDITORIUM WHEN THE STEWARDS MAY PERMIT YOU TO DO SO.
PLEASE ALSO SEE OUR THEATRE ETIQUETTE ABOVE.
WE SINCERELY HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THE PLAY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.