Tickets now available:
Please call Ticketline 07484 509514
The Exmouth Amateur Festival of One Act Plays 2018 - Winners and Runners-Up
The climax of Saturday evening was the presentation of the various awards. We are pleased to announce these were awarded as follows:
Runner-Up “Newcomer” [Under 21] : Maisie Lyon as Kayleigh in “Bad Reception” performed by SADS Youth
Blackmore Trophy for Best Newcomer: Rory Fielden-Carter as Oedipus in “Oedipus” performed by Mezzamorphones
Runner-Up Best Youth Production [Under 18]: “The Thousand And One Nights” performed by Mezzalchemy
Best Youth Production: “Oedipus” performed by Mezzamorphoses
Best Original Script: Steve Chapman who wrote “The Mayfair Brothers” performed by Ottery Community Theatre
Rose Cumming Memorial Trophy for Diction and Expression: Norma Palmer as Delphine in “The Knitting Circle” performed by Ottery Community Theatre
Kay Gibbons Millenium Award for Characterisation: Mike Killoran who played God in “On The Seventh Day” performed by The Exmouth Players
Best Director: Simon Bolt who directed “Last Tango in Little Grimley” performed by Exton Drama Club
Frances Glynne Award for Excellence in a Supporting Role: Laurie Palmer as Richard Mayfair in “The Mayfair Brothers” performed by Ottery Community Theatre
Doris Heard Trophy for Best Actress: Lyn Dunning as Margaret in “Last Tango in Little Grimley” performed by Exton Drama Club
Dorrie Wilkins Award for Best Actor: David Snell as Tony Thompson in “The Molecule Duplicator” performed by Broadclyst Theatre Group
Jill and Rod O’Hare Trophy for Most Exciting Production: “Space Tour: Into Knoware” performed by Salterton Drama Club
Andrew Benn Memorial Award for Most Enjoyable Play (Awarded by Friends of the Blackmore): “Oedipus” performed by Mezzamorphoses
Jim Vardy Memorial Award for that “Magic Moment”: “The Thousand And One Nights” performed by Mezzalchemy
Raymond Moxey Memorial Cup for Adjudicator’s Choice: “Bad Reception” performed by SADS Youth
Brixington Shield for Runner-up Best Play: “Last Tango in Little Grimley” performed by Exton Drama Club
Blackmore Theatre Shield for Best Play: “Space Tour: Into Knoware” performed by Salteron Drama Club
Auditions for "Quartet" in May 2018
The next round of auditions have just been announced. Auditions for this play, a comedy written by Ronald Harwood, will be taking place on Thursday 17th and Sunday 20th May 2018. Please click here for further information. This production will be performed in September 2018.
NODA South West Awards Presentation 2017
It was a fantastic night for us all at The Exmouth Players at last night's awards ceremony (24th March 2018).
Our production of "Rough Justice" last September won the best award of them all, out of a total of 8 Nominations - Winner of Best Drama Our Congratulations to Director, Wendy Bishop, and to all the cast and all others who assisted with this production.
We also picked up another award last night - The Mary Hobbs Shield for Best Standard Programme for "The Witches" performed January 2017. Our Congratulations and thanks to Trevor Brice, Wendy Bishop and Fin O'Leary for providing the content of the programme, and also to our programme designer, Alix Kelman of Kelman Media. Alix also designed the EMCo programme for "Rock of Ages" which won runners up spot in the same class. Our Congratulations to our friends at EMCo.
Please visit the NODA South West Facebook page for photos of last evening's ceremony.
Plays and Directors for 2019 and 2020
We are currently looking to set our programme of plays and productions for 2019 and 2020. We are also looking for any Directors who would like to be considered for any of these along with any ideas for plays/productions they might like to be considered. If you have any play or production you would like to be considered and/or wish to direct any of our plays/productions with any ideas, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name and contact details. We shall then contact you direct.
"The Odd Couple" (Female Version)
The Cast for our June production of "The Odd Couple", a comedy by Neil Simon, has just been announced. They are:
OLIVE MADISON: Pat Cowey
FLORENCE UNGER: Fin O’Leary
MANOLO COSTAZUELA: Mark Blaber
JESUS COSTAZUELA: Martin Moore
SYLVIE: Holly Reed
MICKEY: Audrey Moore
RENEE: Daisy O’Dea
VERA: Juliet Roach
Youth Theatre Groups
We already have one youth theatre group using our facilities at The Blackmore Theatre and will shortly have another. These are and will be:
- Heart Performing Arts: This is a new performing arts club. There are two classes run on a Wednesday between 4 and 7pm during term time, and is available to children aged from 4 to 12 years. Heart Performing Arts is run by a fully insured professional actor with DBS. Please call 07931 537590 for further information. No auditions are required to join these classes. This club is run completely independent of The Blackmore Theatre and Exmouth Players.
- Blackmore Youth Theatre: Please click here for further information. Auditions are being held on the 23rd Feb. These classes will run from 5.30-7pm on a Friday during term times, and are available to youngsters aged between 7 and 16 years. Fully qualified teachers/DBS checked & Licensed Chaperone. Please call 07932 711323 for further information. This is a more structured approach to Theatre.
Change in Charitable Status
Please note that as from 1st January 2018, The Exmouth Players is now operating as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) under Registration No. 1174875. You can view our registration by searching "The Exmouth Players" and adding this registration number in the search engine on the Charity Commission website (date of registration 27th Sept 2017).
2018 Productions and Directors
We are pleased to announce below our Productions for 2018:
- Week Commencing 26th Feb: "A Tomb With A View" by Norman Robbins - Director: Margaret Bond
- Week Commencing 18th June: "The Odd Couple" by Neil Simon - Director: Les Hunt
- Week Commencing 24th Sept: "Quartet" by Ronald Harwood - Director: Ray Virr
- Sun 9th and then right through the week commencing 10th Dec - Alice written and directed by Nick Lawrence
World War 1 Commemoration 2018
We will be presenting "Private Peaceful" by Michael Morpurgo on the 10th and 11th Nov. This will be directed by Alan Smith.
(All the above productions are subject to Licence)
Publicity and Programme Volunteers Required
We are currently looking for volunteers who are prepared to give up their time and carry out any one or more of the following tasks for each of our productions:
- Assisting with exchanging posters with other local societies
- Press/Media Representative – writing press pieces Programme Assistant Manager – gathering and reviewing information about the Society and assisting in getting advertisements of productions of other societies.
If you would like further information on any of the above tasks and/or you might be interested, then please email email@example.com with your name, contact details, the task or tasks you might be interested in along with any queries you may have. We will then get back to you.