Tickets now available:
"The Vicar of Dibley" - Please click here for further information.
Please call Ticketline 07484 509514
AUDITIONS FOR "SEPARATE TABLES": Please note the start time for these auditions on Wed 27th February has had to be put back to 8.00pm due to circumstances outside our control. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause any of you wishing to audition on that day.
"THE VICAR OF DIBLEY" - TICKET UPDATE AS AT 20th Feb 2019: NEWSFLASH - OVER 75% OF ALL TICKETS HAVE NOW BEEN SOLD. Tickets continue to sell quickly and daily. Five performances are currently over 75% full, with some others not being far behind. Wednesday's performance now only has 8 tickets available; Thursday's & Friday's performances each only now have 2 left. With only about 190 tickets left available before the open night on 18th March, our advice is please don't delay and certainly do not wait until the Box Office opens again on the 9th March (our next Coffee Morning) and then on 11th March (on a daily basis) - book now by calling the Ticket Line number above.
Coffee Mornings 2019
Please note all our 2019 Coffee Mornings start at the earlier time of 9.30 am (instead of 10 am), and finish at 12 noon.
There will be an open read through of the script of "Separate Tables" written by Terence Rattigan taking place on the 20th February followed by open auditions (open to you all) on the 27th February 2019. For further information on the open read through, please click here and on the open auditions, please click here.
Shakespeare 2019 Production
The Exmouth Players are pleased to announce it has arranged another Shakespeare production currently scheduled to take place on the 11th & 12th May 2019, following the success of our Shakespeare 400. If you are interested in being in this production, then please contact us at email@example.com leaving your name and contact details.
Winner of The Kay Derbyshire Trophy for Best Standard Class Programme (Runner-Up)
The Exmouth Players have won The Kay Derbyshire Trophy as runner-up in the NODA National Best Standard Class Programme awards 2018, for their programme of "The Witches" (which we performed in Jan 2017). This is in addition to winning The Mary Hobbs Shield for Best Standard Programme in the NODA Regional awards. Our congratulations to Fin O'Leary, Wendy Bishop and Trevor Brice for all their respective contributions toward the programme content and also to Alix Kelman of Kelman Media who designed the programme. Please visit our Blackmore Theatre Facebook page for a photo of the latest Certificate won.
Announcement of 2019 Productions
The Exmouth Players are pleased to announce their productions for 2019. These are:
- The Vicar of Dibley, a stage play by Ian Gower and Paul Carpenter adapted from the original TV series by Richard Curtis and Paul Mayhew-Archer with the kind permission of Tiger Aspect Productions, which supports Comic Relief. This will be directed by Ryan Wilce and will be performed from Mon 18th - Sun 24th March 2019.
- Separate Tables by Terence Rattigan and to be directed by Clare Philbrock. The production dates are Mon 24th - Sat 30th June 2019.
- Role Play by Alan Ayckbourn (postponed from 2016). This will be directed by Alan Smith and will be performed from Mon 23rd - Sat 28th September 2019.
- Aladdin based on the book by Alan P Frayn and to be directed by Tracey Hamilton. The production dates are Sat 7th & Sun 8th Dec and from Tues 10th - Sun 15th Dec. 2019.
NB: All the above productions are subject to licence of the appropriate authorities and persons
The 40th Exmouth Amateur Festival of One Act Plays (as part of The All England Theatre Festival 2019) will be taking place from 8th - 13th April 2019.
NODA South West Awards Presentation 2017
It was a fantastic night for us all at The Exmouth Players at last night's awards ceremony (24th March 2018).
Our production of "Rough Justice" last September won the best award of them all, out of a total of 8 Nominations - Winner of Best Drama Our Congratulations to Director, Wendy Bishop, and to all the cast and all others who assisted with this production.
We also picked up another award last night - The Mary Hobbs Shield for Best Standard Programme for "The Witches" performed January 2017. Our Congratulations and thanks to Trevor Brice, Wendy Bishop and Fin O'Leary for providing the content of the programme, and also to our programme designer, Alix Kelman of Kelman Media. Alix also designed the EMCo programme for "Rock of Ages" which won runners up spot in the same class. Our Congratulations to our friends at EMCo.
Please visit the NODA South West Facebook page for photos of last evening's ceremony.
Plays and Directors for 2020
We are now looking to set our programme of plays and productions for 2020. We are also looking for any Directors who would like to be considered for any of these along with any ideas for plays/productions they might like to be considered. If you have any play or production you would like to be considered and/or wish to direct any of our plays/productions with any ideas, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name and contact details. We shall then contact you direct.
Youth Theatre Groups
We already have one youth theatre group using our facilities at The Blackmore Theatre and will shortly have another. These are and will be:
- Heart Performing Arts: This is a new performing arts club. There are two classes run on a Wednesday between 4 and 7pm during term time, and is available to children aged from 4 to 12 years. Heart Performing Arts is run by a fully insured professional actor with DBS. Please call 07931 537590 for further information. No auditions are required to join these classes. This club is run completely independent of The Blackmore Theatre and Exmouth Players.
- Blackmore Youth Theatre: Please click here for further information. Auditions are being held on the 23rd Feb. These classes will run from 5.30-7pm on a Friday during term times, and are available to youngsters aged between 7 and 16 years. Fully qualified teachers/DBS checked & Licensed Chaperone. Please call 07932 711323 for further information. This is a more structured approach to Theatre.
Change in Charitable Status
Please note that as from 1st January 2018, The Exmouth Players is now operating as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) under Registration No. 1174875. You can view our registration by searching "The Exmouth Players" and adding this registration number in the search engine on the Charity Commission website (date of registration 27th Sept 2017).
Publicity and Programme Volunteers Required
We are currently looking for volunteers who are prepared to give up their time and carry out any one or more of the following tasks for each of our productions:
- Assisting with exchanging posters with other local societies
- Press/Media Representative – writing press pieces Programme Assistant Manager – gathering and reviewing information about the Society and assisting in getting advertisements of productions of other societies.
If you would like further information on any of the above tasks and/or you might be interested, then please email email@example.com with your name, contact details, the task or tasks you might be interested in along with any queries you may have. We will then get back to you.