Tickets now available:
"Quartet". Please click here for further information.
"Orfeo ed Euridice" Please click here for further information.
Please call Ticketline 07484 509514
Announcement of 2019 Productions
The Exmouth Players are pleased to announce their productions for 2019. These are:
- The Vicar of Dibley, a stage play by Ian Gower and Paul Carpenter adapted from the original TV series by Richard Curtis and Paul Mayhew-Archer with the kind permission of Tiger Aspect Productions, which supports Comic Relief. This will be directed by Ryan Wilce and will be performed on Sat 16th March 2019 and then from Tues 19th - Sat 23rd March 2019.
- Separate Tables by Terence Rattigan and to be directed by Clare Philbrock. The production dates are Mon 24th - Sat 30th June 2019.
- Role Play by Alan Ayckbourn (postponed from 2016). This will be directed by Alan Smith and will be performed from Mon 23rd - Sat 28th September 2019.
- Aladdin based on the book by Alan P Frayn and to be directed by Tracey Hamilton. The production dates are Sat 7th & Sun 8th Dec and from Tues 10th - Sun 15th Dec. 2019.
NB: All the above productions are subject to licence of the appropriate authorities and persons
The 40th Exmouth Amateur Festival of One Act Plays (as part of The All England Theatre Festival 2019) will be taking place from 8th - 13th April 2019.
Cast List for our December Production of "Alice!"
The Cast List has now been announced. Please click here for the full list. This information is currently provided for the best of the cast and those involved or otherwise interested. Further information regarding the production will be added to the link as soon as this becomes available.
NODA South West Awards Presentation 2017
It was a fantastic night for us all at The Exmouth Players at last night's awards ceremony (24th March 2018).
Our production of "Rough Justice" last September won the best award of them all, out of a total of 8 Nominations - Winner of Best Drama Our Congratulations to Director, Wendy Bishop, and to all the cast and all others who assisted with this production.
We also picked up another award last night - The Mary Hobbs Shield for Best Standard Programme for "The Witches" performed January 2017. Our Congratulations and thanks to Trevor Brice, Wendy Bishop and Fin O'Leary for providing the content of the programme, and also to our programme designer, Alix Kelman of Kelman Media. Alix also designed the EMCo programme for "Rock of Ages" which won runners up spot in the same class. Our Congratulations to our friends at EMCo.
Please visit the NODA South West Facebook page for photos of last evening's ceremony.
Plays and Directors for 2020
We are now looking to set our programme of plays and productions for 2020. We are also looking for any Directors who would like to be considered for any of these along with any ideas for plays/productions they might like to be considered. If you have any play or production you would like to be considered and/or wish to direct any of our plays/productions with any ideas, then please contact us at email@example.com and leave your name and contact details. We shall then contact you direct.
Youth Theatre Groups
We already have one youth theatre group using our facilities at The Blackmore Theatre and will shortly have another. These are and will be:
- Heart Performing Arts: This is a new performing arts club. There are two classes run on a Wednesday between 4 and 7pm during term time, and is available to children aged from 4 to 12 years. Heart Performing Arts is run by a fully insured professional actor with DBS. Please call 07931 537590 for further information. No auditions are required to join these classes. This club is run completely independent of The Blackmore Theatre and Exmouth Players.
- Blackmore Youth Theatre: Please click here for further information. Auditions are being held on the 23rd Feb. These classes will run from 5.30-7pm on a Friday during term times, and are available to youngsters aged between 7 and 16 years. Fully qualified teachers/DBS checked & Licensed Chaperone. Please call 07932 711323 for further information. This is a more structured approach to Theatre.
Change in Charitable Status
Please note that as from 1st January 2018, The Exmouth Players is now operating as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) under Registration No. 1174875. You can view our registration by searching "The Exmouth Players" and adding this registration number in the search engine on the Charity Commission website (date of registration 27th Sept 2017).
World War 1 Commemoration 2018
We will be presenting "Private Peaceful" by Michael Morpurgo on the 10th and 11th November, subject to Licence. This will be directed by Alan Smith.
Publicity and Programme Volunteers Required
We are currently looking for volunteers who are prepared to give up their time and carry out any one or more of the following tasks for each of our productions:
- Assisting with exchanging posters with other local societies
- Press/Media Representative – writing press pieces Programme Assistant Manager – gathering and reviewing information about the Society and assisting in getting advertisements of productions of other societies.
If you would like further information on any of the above tasks and/or you might be interested, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details, the task or tasks you might be interested in along with any queries you may have. We will then get back to you.