Tickets now available:
- "Annie Jr." presented by Blackmore Youth Theatre - Please click here for further information.
- "Separate Tables" presented by The Exmouth Players - Please click here for further information.
Please call Ticketline 07484 509514
NEWSFLASH - Annie Jr. - All of the remaining performances this week are NOW COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.
Please do not call the Ticket Line for Annie tickets. The Ticket Line is still open to book tickets for Separate Tables.
OPEN AUDITIONS FOR OUR 2019 CHRISTMAS PANTOMIME 'ALADDIN'
We are pleased to announce we hold holding auditions open to you all (regardless of membership, age and experience) for our 2019 Christmas Pantomime, 'Aladdin', on Sunday 14th July 2019 at The Blackmore Theatre. Please click here for all information regarding these auditions.
SEPARATE TABLES TICKET RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT
Tickets are now on sale for "Separate Tables". Please call the Ticketline above to book now.
The Theatre Box Office will be open daily (except Sundays) between 9.30am and 1.00pm from 3rd June 2019 when tickets for both Annie Jr. and Separate Tables will be on sale.
Please click here for further information regarding Separate Tables.
EXMOUTH ONE ACT PLAY FESTIVAL 2019 AWARDS
Please click here for the list of the winners and runners-up in this year's Exmouth One Act Play Festival.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THIS YEAR'S PRODUCTIONS:
- Separate Tables by Terence Rattigan and to be directed by Clare Philbrock. The production dates are now Mon 24th - Sat 29th June 2019 (finishing with a Saturday Matinee at 4.30pm).
- We have had to withdraw our scheduled September production of "RolePlay". Instead, our September 2019 production will now be "Colder Than Here" by Laura Wade (subject to licence), to be directed by Wendy Bishop. The production dates are now Mon 16th - Sat 21st September 2019.
- No changes have been made to our Christmas Panto, Aladdin based on the book by Alan P Frayn and to be directed by Tracey Hamilton. The production dates are Sat 7th & Sun 8th Dec and from Tues 10th - Sun 15th Dec. 2019.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Further information regarding these productions including open read-through and audition dates will follow.
Coffee Mornings 2019
Please note all our 2019 Coffee Mornings start at the earlier time of 9.30 am (instead of 10 am), and finish at 12 noon.
Winner of The Kay Derbyshire Trophy for Best Standard Class Programme (Runner-Up)
The Exmouth Players have won The Kay Derbyshire Trophy as runner-up in the NODA National Best Standard Class Programme awards 2018, for their programme of "The Witches" (which we performed in Jan 2017). This is in addition to winning The Mary Hobbs Shield for Best Standard Programme in the NODA Regional awards. Our congratulations to Fin O'Leary, Wendy Bishop and Trevor Brice for all their respective contributions toward the programme content and also to Alix Kelman of Kelman Media who designed the programme. Please visit our Blackmore Theatre Facebook page for a photo of the latest Certificate won.
NODA South West Awards Presentation 2017
It was a fantastic night for us all at The Exmouth Players at last night's awards ceremony (24th March 2018).
Our production of "Rough Justice" last September won the best award of them all, out of a total of 8 Nominations - Winner of Best Drama Our Congratulations to Director, Wendy Bishop, and to all the cast and all others who assisted with this production.
We also picked up another award last night - The Mary Hobbs Shield for Best Standard Programme for "The Witches" performed January 2017. Our Congratulations and thanks to Trevor Brice, Wendy Bishop and Fin O'Leary for providing the content of the programme, and also to our programme designer, Alix Kelman of Kelman Media. Alix also designed the EMCo programme for "Rock of Ages" which won runners up spot in the same class. Our Congratulations to our friends at EMCo.
Please visit the NODA South West Facebook page for photos of last evening's ceremony.
Plays and Directors for 2020
We are now looking to set our programme of plays and productions for 2020. We are also looking for any Directors who would like to be considered for any of these along with any ideas for plays/productions they might like to be considered. If you have any play or production you would like to be considered and/or wish to direct any of our plays/productions with any ideas, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name and contact details. We shall then contact you direct.
Youth Theatre Groups
We already have one youth theatre group using our facilities at The Blackmore Theatre and will shortly have another. These are and will be:
- Heart Performing Arts: This is a new performing arts club. There are two classes run on a Wednesday between 4 and 7pm during term time, and is available to children aged from 4 to 12 years. Heart Performing Arts is run by a fully insured professional actor with DBS. Please call 07931 537590 for further information. No auditions are required to join these classes. This club is run completely independent of The Blackmore Theatre and Exmouth Players.
- Blackmore Youth Theatre: Please click here for further information. Auditions are being held on the 23rd Feb. These classes will run from 5.30-7pm on a Friday during term times, and are available to youngsters aged between 7 and 16 years. Fully qualified teachers/DBS checked & Licensed Chaperone. Please call 07932 711323 for further information. This is a more structured approach to Theatre.
Change in Charitable Status
Please note that as from 1st January 2018, The Exmouth Players is now operating as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) under Registration No. 1174875. You can view our registration by searching "The Exmouth Players" and adding this registration number in the search engine on the Charity Commission website (date of registration 27th Sept 2017).
Publicity and Programme Volunteers Required
We are currently looking for volunteers who are prepared to give up their time and carry out any one or more of the following tasks for each of our productions:
- Assisting with exchanging posters with other local societies
- Press/Media Representative – writing press pieces Programme Assistant Manager – gathering and reviewing information about the Society and assisting in getting advertisements of productions of other societies.
If you would like further information on any of the above tasks and/or you might be interested, then please email email@example.com with your name, contact details, the task or tasks you might be interested in along with any queries you may have. We will then get back to you.