Tickets now available:
The Exmouth Amateur One Act Play Festival - part of The All England Theatre Festival 2018. For further information, please click here
Please call Ticketline 07484 509514
The Exmouth Amateur Festival of One Act Plays
Tickets are now on sale. Please click here for further information, including ticket prices and the running order throughout the week. Please don't forget, if you wish to vote for any of the various classes of awards, you will need to purchase a Season Ticket to attend all performances.
Plays and Directors for 2019 and 2020
We are currently looking to set our programme of plays and productions for 2019 and 2020. We are also looking for any Directors who would like to be considered for any of these along with any ideas for plays/productions they might like to be considered. If you have any play or production you would like to be considered and/or wish to direct any of our plays/productions with any ideas, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name and contact details. We shall then contact you direct.
"The Odd Couple" (Female Version)
The Cast for our June production of "The Odd Couple", a comedy by Neil Simon, has just been announced. They are:
OLIVE MADISON: Pat Cowey
FLORENCE UNGER: Fin O’Leary
MANOLO COSTAZUELA: Mark Blaber
JESUS COSTAZUELA: Martin Moore
SYLVIE: Holly Reed
MICKEY: Audrey Moore
RENEE: Daisy O’Dea
VERA: Juliet Roach
Youth Theatre Groups
We already have one youth theatre group using our facilities at The Blackmore Theatre and will shortly have another. These are and will be:
- Heart Performing Arts: This is a new performing arts club. There are two classes run on a Wednesday between 4 and 7pm during term time, and is available to children aged from 4 to 12 years. Heart Performing Arts is run by a fully insured professional actor with DBS. Please call 07931 537590 for further information. No auditions are required to join these classes. This club is run completely independent of The Blackmore Theatre and Exmouth Players.
- Blackmore Youth Theatre: Please click here for further information. Auditions are being held on the 23rd Feb. These classes will run from 5.30-7pm on a Friday during term times, and are available to youngsters aged between 7 and 16 years. Fully qualified teachers/DBS checked & Licensed Chaperone. Please call 07932 711323 for further information. This is a more structured approach to Theatre.
Coffee Mornings and Bingo Sessions 2018
The dates for this years Coffee Mornings and Bingo Sessions are now out. Our first Coffee Morning of 2018 is on this Sat 13th Jan (10am-12noon) and our first Bingo session of the year is on Wed 17th Jan (doors open 2pm - Eyes Down 2.30pm). Hope to see you there. Please keep checking in on our What's On page in the link above which will give you all the information you need. Flyers for the year for both these events will be available at the Theatre (shortly).
NODA Nominations 2017
The NODA South West Nominations were announced on 9th January 2018 for those productions which took place last year. We are proud to announce we at The Exmouth Players have been nominated for the following awards:
- "Rough Justice" for Best Drama Production; and
- "The Titfield Thunderbolt" for the Wilfred Roe Trophy for Stage Decor.
The awards will be announced at the annual NODA South West Dinner being held on the 3rd March 2018 in Bristol. This event has now been postponed to a later date.
Change in Charitable Status
Please note that as from 1st January 2018, The Exmouth Players is now operating as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) under Registration No. 1174875. You can view our registration by searching "The Exmouth Players" and adding this registration number in the search engine on the Charity Commission website (date of registration 27th Sept 2017).
2018 Productions and Directors
We are pleased to announce below our Productions for 2018:
- Week Commencing 26th Feb: "A Tomb With A View" by Norman Robbins - Director: Margaret Bond
- Week Commencing 18th June: "The Odd Couple" by Neil Simon - Director: Les Hunt
- Week Commencing 24th Sept: "Quartet" by Ronald Harwood - Director: Ray Virr
- Sun 9th and then right through the week commencing 10th Dec - Alice written and directed by Nick Lawrence
World War 1 Commemoration 2018
We will be presenting "Private Peaceful" by Michael Morpurgo on the 10th and 11th Nov. This will be directed by Alan Smith.
(All the above productions are subject to Licence)
Publicity and Programme Volunteers Required
We are currently looking for volunteers who are prepared to give up their time and carry out any one or more of the following tasks for each of our productions:
- Assisting with exchanging posters with other local societies
- Press/Media Representative – writing press pieces Programme Assistant Manager – gathering and reviewing information about the Society and assisting in getting advertisements of productions of other societies.
If you would like further information on any of the above tasks and/or you might be interested, then please email email@example.com with your name, contact details, the task or tasks you might be interested in along with any queries you may have. We will then get back to you.